Job Type: Part-time
Effective: April 1, 2019
Reports to: Administrative Pastor
Harvest Amarillo Church is seeking a trustworthy and detail-oriented individual to work approximately 20 hours/week to assist in administrative and bookkeeping duties. The desired candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in performing financial operations such as processing payroll, accounts payable, and financial reporting. Due to the confidential nature of our contributors and their donations to Harvest as a non-profit organization, this individual must be a person of high character and maintain confidentiality of all privileged information. Ideal candidates can operated independently when necessary, but also value teamwork and build strong relationships with co-workers, and know which to apply in each daily circumstance.
The following is a list of typical duties involved in the successful performance in this position:
- Process weekly financial contributions from all sources
- Process bi-monthly payroll for the church staff
- Process Accounts Payable
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to pastors, board, and contributors as needed.
- Assist the Administrative Pastor in processing staff expenses and spending card tracking
- Perform general administrative duties for the pastors, staff, and board as needed.
- Participate in HAC staff meetings, team-building events, and other duties involving the HaC staff as a whole.
- Represent and serve as a member of Harvest Amarillo Church staff for Sunday worship, funerals, and other important events in church life.
This position has a degree of flexibility regarding operating hours. The HAC office is open 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday-Thursday and closed Friday. The candidate would be expected to fit their work hours within this time frame, but the focus would be on accomplishing specified duties in a timely manner, rather than being present in the office at specific times. Specific work schedule will be determined in consultation with the Pastor of Administration.